Tuesday, July 28, 2009

LIVING OFF THE PHAT OF THE LAND


Living life as simply as possible...


Add ImageDilly Beans

Early Garden


LIVING LIFE AS SIMPLY AS POSSIBLE...



Today I would like to tell you about the way we live on the small acreage.

We live a life that most Americans would consider as LOW INCOME, but I say we live life to the fullest. As we have no mortgage, no credit cards, no outstanding bills and if we don't have the money to buy something today, then we save until we do. No More No Less.


We eat well because of the garden. I eat vegetables and seafood, but my husband and son eat meat. He says when he dies he will have a steak in his mouth, not a bologna sandwich.

I raise chickens and ducks, I have a rabbit and considering raising them as well. I plan on getting some pigeons too. In Europe they are considered a delicacy, but here they are called rats with with wings, go figure.

Food is the the life force, so it is very important around here.
I cook most meals from scratch so very little in the way of preservatives. We drink little colas or sugar drinks. Mostly water, tea and milk, then coffee and homemade wine, with plans of brewing beer and Meade.


Other Stuff...

My husband has a shop here on the property. He paints motorcycles and some jet skis. Rarely a car will slip in, but motorcycles are the bread and butter.

He is a collector, junker, pack rat, what ever suits your fancy, he never gets rid of anything.

I guess I am safe and going no where anytime soon...
He has strange hours for a paint shop. Most of his customers come by after work so, he is up all night and sleeps all day. Everyone that knows him, knows not to bother before 2:00 PM.

Speaking of collecting...He recently bought 6 old un-used coffins, with the plans of building a RAT-ROD and the others to make pull behind trailers for motorcycles.

Well to make a long story short we had a new customer come by and he happened to see the coffins under the shed. My husband the jokester that he is tells him that a cemetery was moving and since the coffins had only been used once he got a great deal. Needless to say the guys eyes nearly popped out of his head, before hubby explained the little details.


Speaking of little details, he drives an old hearse to haul motorcycle parts in. He tells folks it's quiet and he is never alone...BOO!!!


Back to the living...

Today I plan on putting up some fencing to keep the ducks on the property. I would like to get some goats, but hubby REFUSES to let me have GOATS, because he can just see them standing on the roof of something, BLA BLA BLA...


I guess that is all for today, I have to get busssy........




Add Video



No comments: